Human Resources Manager- No openings, but accepting applications
The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
Essential Duties and Requirements
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program, rewrites job descriptions as necessary, conducts annual salary surveys,develops merit pool (salary budget), analyzes compensation, monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures, prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program, files EEO-1 annually, maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers. Writes and places advertisements, works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates, conducts reference checking, extends job offers, conducts new-employee orientations, monitors career-path program, monitors employee relations counseling, and conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
Work Experience, Education and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of human resource experience, OR a master’s degree and three years experience, OR nine years experience
- PHR certification, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice