Tax Manager- No openings, but accepting applications
The Tax Manager oversees tax planning of entities by interpreting tax regulations. The tax manager also completes all appropriate tax returns and ensures compliance with relevant IRS regulations. The tax manager also advises on appropriate tax strategies for organizations.
Essential Duties and Requirements
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares federal, state, local and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing and formatting financial information.
- Complies with federal, state, local and SEC requirements by studying regulations, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Communicating with attorneys, tax specialists and company transfer agent to ensure timely tax and SEC reporting requirements.
- Preparing discrimination testing for 401K plan.
- Prepares financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Financial Management
- Communications Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
Work Experience, Education and Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or tax administration.
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience with individual and partnership tax returns.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in business administration.