Compliance Manager- No openings, but accepting applications
The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring Optimum adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. The Compliance Manager is also responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as providing guidance on compliance matters.
Essential Duties and Requirements
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures all departments are complying with the rules and regulations the company upholds.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with changing laws that affect the corporate world.
- Prepares reports to present to upper management detailing laws and how the employees of the company are following those laws.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Revise procedures and reports periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies.
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR department to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodes as appropriate.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- Vast knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- Proven experience as a compliance manager.
- Business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
Work Experience, Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business administration or related field.
- 4-7 years of experience as a compliance manager or related supervisory position.
- Certified compliance professional is a plus.